At NewPointe, we believe the church should be a movement that continually moves forward. That means that above all else – we can’t lose sight of our mission – which is to lead people to realize and reach their full potential in Jesus Christ.
One of the primary ways we keep this mission in our focus is by keeping people that attend NewPointe connected to and actively engaged in this mission. We believe that when you join the mission – you own the mission.
This is what partnership is all about: It’s about signaling that you are joining, or partnering, in this movement to fulfill our mission.
Rather than having membership, we choose to ask people to partner in our mission – and we do so annually as a way of establishing a fresh commitment to (and reminder of) our mission to lead people to grow closer to Christ.
The unity that partnership creates is very important because we believe that when we place our faith in Jesus Christ, we share in a unique community with other believers as members of the body of Christ. We are called to belong, not just believe.
This unity, body, and belonging connection is a compelling reason for partnership – a way to define your individual commitment as it relates to the people of NewPointe with whom you regularly attend church with, and at the same time join many others in shared responsibilities, service, and support for the fulfilling of our mission.
Here’s what Scripture says in support of partnership:
- So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters. Hebrews 2:11-12
- Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ's body. We are all parts of his one body, and each of us has different work to do. And since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others. Romans 12:3-5
- If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we have not seen? And God himself has commanded that we must love not only him but our Christian brothers and sisters, too. 1 John 4:20-21
For those with specific questions on partnership, here are a few more details:
- Partnership is renewable annually.
- Partnership isn’t campus specific – we are one church in multiple locations – all with the same mission. Partners support the mission, not a campus.
- Partnership is open to existing members, along with everyone else who is committed to upholding the Partnership Agreement